As we welcome the summer months and regain control over our lives, people are paying more attention to their daily skincare routines. It’s a ritual that brings us peace and restores calm, which is perfect for our mental and physical wellbeing. Here are my 5 tips for a good daily skincare routine in the summer.
Did you know, UV rays reflect off concrete as well as water?
Exposure to UV rays can cause premature ageing of the skin and sun damage. Whether you prefer to use creams, sprays or mists, there are so many sunblock options out there that you can quickly adopt into your daily routine.
- Wear sunblock every time you go out, sunny or cloudy.
- Choose one that protects you from UVA and UVB rays.
- Don’t be put off by the chalky appearance when you first apply; wait a couple of minutes and then gently massage the rest of the product into your skin.
- Reapply at least every 3-4 hours. If you’re wearing makeup, you can choose a powder sunscreen to carry in your handbag when you need to reapply.
2. LUSTRE ClearSkin
LUSTRE ClearSkin is a device that uses Blue Light technology to kill acne, spots and blemishes. Sweat sitting on the skin, combined with friction and the heat of summer months, clogs pores and encourages acne. This product is gentle, natural and takes only 20 minutes a day. They also offer an anti-bacterial skin cleanser (I’m a big believer in good cleansing routines) which gently clears the skin, leaving it ready for treatment.
3. A clean fresh pillow case
What has this got to do with my skin, you ask? Pillows absorb all our skins oils, sweat and saliva every night. After your evening skincare routine, having a freshly washed pillow case ensures your skin isn’t lying against a week’s worth of dirt. And who doesn’t love a fresh, cold pillow case to sleep on?
Bespoke skincare products? Yes please!
Universkin creates personalised skincare products. I use Universkin myself and am just obsessed. The products are mixed at medical clinics based on artificial intelligence analysis of your skin and lifestyle. All you have to do is complete a complimentary skin analysis questionnaire (it’s so detailed, believe me, but takes less than ten minutes) and your bespoke products are delivered to your door. Just contact me if you’d like to find out more or start your own journey.
4. Drink water
I always mention this, but keeping hydrated with at least 2-3 litres of water a day gives your skin a healthy glow.
If you’re searching for other home beauty products and gadgets to try, CurrentBody has some wonderful skincare products that are safe and effective to use, even during pregnancy. Here are a few of my favourites:
- Clarisonic Mia Smart Anti-Ageing Set – a 3-in-1 cleansing, firming, massage and makeup blending device that connects to an app on your phone.
- FOREO UFO Smart Mask Treatment Device – a quick and easy 90-second spa-worthy facial – perfect if you have a busy lifestyle.
- Swiss Clinic Skin Roller – collagen-boosting microneedling at home – a great way to refresh your complexion.
- DERMAFLASH Luxe Facial Exfoliation and Peach Fuzz Removal Device – a gentle device that removes dead skin cells and peach fuzz to let the gorgeous skin underneath shine through.
Whatever you decide to adopt into your summer skincare routine, it’s important to remember to be reactive to how it feels each day and be consistent with your care. If you’ve got any questions about skincare or have your own tips you’d love to share, why not head over to my Instagram page or contact me here.